March 25, 2020
Nabtesco has spent the last couple months diligently learning about coronavirus (COVID-19) and its impact on the world. We will continue to closely monitor COVID-19 developments and evaluate additional actions to support our clients and employees as needs evolve.
Nabtesco plays an essential role in providing a service to our customers who depend on our components in many critical industries globally. According to U.S. Department of Homeland Security CISA (Cyber + Infrastructure), “If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, as defined by the Department of Homeland Security, such as healthcare services and pharmaceutical and food supply, you have a special responsibility to maintain your normal work schedule.”
Nabtesco supports many important industries – Medical Manufacturing, Agricultural Manufacturers, Food Manufacturing, Packaging, Telecommunications, Military, Machine Tool Industry, Robotics, and many more. Currently, we have received Critical Supplier letters from customers binding us to support them in this time of need.
So, we will be remaining open with only critical staff at our facility in Michigan, but will be taking every precaution necessary to protect all. Engineering, sales, and management will be working remotely as much as possible. However, will be 100% accessible to any customer in need of immediate support.
We have an obligation as a critical supplier to many important industries. Effective immediately, we are putting these actions in place until further notice to protect the important manufacturing chain requesting our support.
What we will be doing to help contain the spread of COVID-19 over the next few weeks:
- Practice ‘Social Distancing’ – at least 6 ft distance from another person
- No outside visitors
- Any sick employees are being sent home until approval to return
- Cover your cough or sneeze into a tissue and then throw the tissue in the nearest garbage.
- Handwashing for at least 20 seconds with soap and water 3-4 times per day; use hand sanitizer if needed.
- Staff with any sickness in their household are expected to notify management and stay home to protect everyone.
- Virtual meetings are set during this time.
- All Non-essential travel has been restricted.
Please contact any of the Nabtesco staff via email, or cell phone with any questions, and understand that we will do everything in our power to assist in any way we can.
Center for Disease Control:
Nabtesco Motion Control, Inc.